Dr. Robert D. Dietz, Ph.D, Chief Economist, National Association of Home Builders, will present an overview of the home building industry using a combination of national and local data to identify potential sources of economic growth as well as market challenges.
The Summit will detail the following topics:
- National macroeconomic growth conditions
- Labor market and demographic factors influencing housing demand (national and local)
- Housing demand and housing finance conditions in a market with rising mortgage interest rates
- Supply-side factors determining housing inventory levels and their effect on prices
- Regulatory and policy concerns in the real estate industry
- The economic impact of the home building sector, in terms of jobs, taxes, and economic growth
- Forecasts (national and local) of single-family, multifamily and remodeling activity developed using the topics listed above
A question and answer session will follow.
Robert Dietz, Ph.D., is Chief Economist for NAHB, where his responsibilities include housing market analysis, forecasting and industry surveys, and housing policy research. Prior to joining NAHB in 2005, Robert worked as an economist for the Congressional Joint Committee on Taxation. He has testified before Congress on housing, economic and tax issues. He is an expert on home construction analysis and trends and has been cited and appeared on CNBC, the Wall Street Journal, and other news media. Robert is a native of Dayton, Ohio and earned a Ph.D. in Economics from the Ohio State University in 2003.
Builders & Realtors may receive CEUs for attending this event. Reserve seating by August 31st and arrive to the event no later than 11:30AM to qualify for your education certificate!
Thank you to Executive Director Robin Ward of the ALASKA STATE HOME BUILDING ASSOCIATION (ASHBA) and our Licensed Real Estate Instructor April Monroe of SOMERS & ASSOCIATES for facilitiating this huge education benefit for our attendees.
We would especially like to thank our Event Sponsors who made it possible to host our prestigious guest speakers!